Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Children Of The Midwest!

Behold Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius - my vote for Obama's running mate.
Can a Hawaiian by way of Illinois and an Ohioan by way of Kansas win the Whitehouse? I think so. Of all the potential picks Obama has for VP, I think Governor Sebelius is the best. She's a woman, she's a Democrat from a rather conservative western state, and she's won alot of praise for her governance.

There's alot of debate over her merits here and here, but I would be very pleased if Obama chose her. We'll see, I guess. But I've got my fingers crossed. Imagine if we had some Midwestern sensibility back in the Whitehouse - there hasn't been a Midwesterner in the Chief Executive seat since Ford, and he was by historical accident more than electoral mandate. Before that, it was Truman. Truman!!!

No comments: